You are visiting the English version of our website.
Please note that only a part of the site is displayed and some contents could still be in Italian.
Online Language Test instructions
The following instructions are for tests carried out online.
Online testing is only for specific situations (e.g. admission tests for international students). All the other tests will be done in the computer rooms. Click here for info about the tests carried out in the computer rooms.
Under some circumstances, the language tests could be held online.
How to sign up
Registration for the test must be done on the Esse3 platform*; students who have not registered for the exam can not take the test.
(* For some types of tests, such as pre-requisite ones or Erasmus Outgoing, registration can be done through the Student Secretariat or through special Forms online, as an alternative to Esse3)
Convocation of students
Once exam registration has closed, an email will be sent with information regarding the exact date and time of your test.
For existing UNIVPM students, all communication will be made via your university email address.
The test will be carried out on the following platforms:
- Moodle - for English and Spanish tests
- Microsoft Forms - for French, German and Italian tests
Students will be asked to install and use the Zoom videoconferencing platform on their smartphones to allow identification and video control of the exam.
Shortly before the test, an email will be sent containing the link for the Zoom meeting to connect to and the link to the platform on which the test will be carried out (Moodle or Microsoft Forms).
Occasionally, a group of students receives the link a few minutes earlier than another group. Students are requested NOT TO SEND the link to their classmates to avoid confusion when identifying the participants who access the ZOOM room. Please note that the link is PERSONAL.
Once candidate identification has been carried out and the devices with Zoom have been placed in the correct way, the key to access the test will be provided.
- Registration (Esse3, Forms or Student Secretariat based on the type of test)
- A device (phone or tablet) with webcam, microphone and Zoom installed
- A test device (computer) with headphones connected
- Internet connection
- Room prepared
- Identification document
How to prepare the room
- The test room must be closed and no other people must be present. The examiners may ask candidates at any time, before and during the test, to show their test room complies with these indications.
- Next to the workstation, there must be space to place the device with Zoom so that it is stable and shows both the screen where the test is carried out and the student.
Device for ZOOM platform
Install Zoom onto your device:
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.videomeetings
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/it/app/zoom-cloud-meetings/id546505307
- Windows / Mac OSX: https://zoom.us/download
Put the device on "silent" mode to prevent calls, messages and notifications from disturbing the test.
Connect to the meeting, at the indicated time, with the link sent by e-mail. To connect Zoom requires you to enter your name (Enter your name), use the format: Surname Name (es: DOE JOHN)
after connecting, check that the webcam and microphone are turned on
AUDIO-VIDEO SETTINGS FOR ANDROID DEVICES
- Connect audio by clicking on "Connect" and then on "Wi-Fi or data plan".
- Connect the webcam
- Once connected, you will momentarily find yourself in the waiting room; wait, you will be admitted as soon as possible.
- Once you enter the virtual room, wait silently for the examiner to ask you to identify yourself by showing the document and the interior of the room on the webcam.
- After identification, place the device horizontally on a stable support.
The results of the written tests will be published on this page: