You are visiting the English version of our website.
Please note that only a part of the site is displayed and some contents could still be in Italian.
Online Language Test instructions
The following instructions are for tests carried out online.
Online testing is only for specific situations (e.g. admission tests for international students). All the other tests will be done in the computer rooms. Click here for info about the tests carried out in the computer rooms.
How to sign up
Registration for the test must be done on the Esse3 platform*; students who have not registered for the exam can not take the test.
(* For some types of tests, such as pre-requisite ones or Erasmus Outgoing, registration can be done through the University Registrar's Office or through special Forms online, as an alternative to Esse3)
To register for the admission tests, follow the relevant instructions:
- Italian language test, for international student enrolment
- English language test, for admission to the Digital Economics and Business course
Call to attend
Once the exam enrolment period has expired, you will receive an email with information regarding the exact date and time of your test.
For existing UNIVPM students, all contact will be made via your university email address.
The test will be carried out on the Moodle platform.
Students will be asked to install and use the Zoom videoconferencing platform on their smartphones to enable identification and to allow an exam supervisor to see them on video during the exam.
Shortly before the test, an email will be sent containing the link for the Zoom meeting.
Students will have to join the Zoom meeting from their phones and from their computers they must access the platform on which the test will be carried out (Moodle).
Occasionally, a group of students will receive the link a few minutes earlier than another group. Students are requested NOT TO SEND the link to their classmates to avoid confusion when identifying the participants who access the ZOOM room. Please note that the link is PERSONAL.
Once candidates have been identified, and the devices with Zoom have been positioned correctly, the enrolment key to access the test will be provided.
What you need
- Registration (Esse3, MS Forms or Registrar's Office depending on the type of test)
- An Esse3 account (candidates for a prerequisite test, who do not have a UNIVPM account, must create an account before the test)
- A device (phone or tablet) with a webcam, microphone and Zoom installed
- A test device (computer) with headphones connected
- An Internet connection
- A well-prepared room
- Some valid Identification Document
How to prepare the room
- The door to the test room must be closed and no other people must be present. The examiners may ask candidates at any time, before and during the test, to show their test room complies with these indications.
- Next to the workstation, there must be space to place the device with Zoom so that it is stable and shows both the screen where the test is being carried out and the student.
Device for ZOOM platform
Install Zoom onto your device:
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.videomeetings
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/it/app/zoom-cloud-meetings/id546505307
- Windows / Mac OSX: https://zoom.us/download
Put the device on "silent" mode to prevent calls, messages and notifications from disturbing the test.
Connect to the meeting, at the scheduled time, using the link sent by e-mail. When connecting to Zoom, you need to enter your name, use the format: Surname Name (es: DOE JOHN)
After connecting, check that the webcam and microphone are turned on
AUDIO-VIDEO SETTINGS FOR ANDROID DEVICES
- Connect audio by clicking on "Connect" and then on "Wi-Fi or data plan".
- Connect the webcam
- Once connected, you will momentarily find yourself in the waiting room; wait, you will be admitted as soon as possible.
- Once you enter the virtual room, wait silently for the examiner to ask you to identify yourself by showing your ID and the interior of the room on the webcam.
- After identification, position the device horizontally (Android: automatic rotation ON; iOS: disable Portrait Orientation Lock) on a stable support.
The results of the written tests will be published on this page:
For prerequisite tests, the results will not be published but sent to the commissions.